Thursday, February 27, 2014

God is Hiring!!!


 The most successful of people in their field have important common traits among them. According to an article published last month by Entrepreneur.com, these are as follows:

Tenacity
Passion
Tolerance of Ambiguity
Vision
Self Belief
Flexibility
Ability to break the rules

  To be successful in this life, and in this context, if you want to be rich, unless it arrives on a silver platter in a silver spoon - get ready to put some work in. "Most entrepreneurs I know believe they will change the world," says Jay Friedlander, a professor of sustainable business who works with entrepreneurs at the College of the Atlantic and at Babson College. "There's an excitement and belief in what they're doing that gets them through the hard times."  The work of our Creator is much the same, and it is within you right now.

  In recognizing God's plan for you, many will never be able to reach the pinnacle of the results that are possible through the power of Holy Spirit in your life. The riches we seek are difficult to envision outside of the tangible. However, for those who God calls to action, the traits of success and the tools and resources necessary are there all along. For many, it is how we utilize our inherent talents and gifts and abilities for the greatest good. For our walk with God, our perception is our reality. “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”  (Isaiah 43:18-19)  Satan has done an amazing job at hijacking the gifts we possess to further an agenda that is contrary to God's eternal plan. I am not saying in any way that success is sin, or that a wealthy Christian is any less faithful than the next. But note the reasoning now behind a verse that we have heard so often: "I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God." (Matt 19:24). When I think of what this means to me, I realize that the most dangerous thing money can buy is this. Distraction.

  Please hear me when I say this.  YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.  God is now gathering, and using his people for a work that is larger than our imperfect eyes can see.  It is truly a walk of faith when abandoning worldly pursuits puts our flesh at odds with our Spirit. However, I know that there are those amongst us who feel that there is a plan and a purpose larger than what we are comfortable with assuming. Have no fear. As a Christian, your purpose was written long ago. "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Eph 2:10) A tool of the Devil is doubt. Being sinners, Satan can piggyback on this doubt all the way to the bank. How so?  Just by convincing us of a very big lie; That we are just too sinful and insignificant to be used by God to advance his Kingdom.

  Let me get personal for a moment. I should be the last one who God would call for anything but late for dinner. I could look back in utter disgust at the things I have done. But I don't. I have deserved every single solitary second of the cost of my errors. My debts have been paid.  I have walked a path so consistently founded on confusion that I cannot even write down where all I have been in my life. Now, I know where I am going. Through the darkest hours that I created for myself, through the decisions I made knowing the outcome would be disastrous, and through the misery that has been my life...until I had the courage, the vision, the tenacity, the passion and the self belief and flexibility to break all the rules and answer the call by picking up the phone that has rang in my soul all of my life.  And it is He, on the other end of the line. All I had to do...was answer it. He had been waiting on me the whole time.

 God is hiring. Pick up the phone. Answer his call.



  













No comments:

Post a Comment