Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thoughts on a Sunday morning



Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
 



 I went fishing last night.  While waiting on a big ole catfish, and telling exaggerated stories of the ones that got away - I noticed the stars above me, and just started thinking.  I seemed so small in that moment, wondering about life and why and how - but mostly, who did all of this. I thought of this picture here to the right.  I  felt much smaller. 
  

 Let me put this in perspective,  if possible.  This photo is of galaxies (not stars) taken by the Hubble Ultra Deep Field Project. Scientist estimate the number to be around 10,000 in this field alone. To take a 360 view, that would equate to 120,913,983,000 galaxies. Now think on this. It is theorized that one could travel to the edge of what is the farthest galaxy in this photo and repeat this process a million million times. Google this sometime - it is staggering how much creation is around us in this universe.  It is infinite. Our God is infinite. And in all of this space and time that I will never be able to wrap my head around, I have come to know that He wants me to know Him. Personally. That is something I want to wrap my life around. This is what Christ, and being a Christian, mean for me. He is equally concerned about us, and knows us individually. All of those galaxies with endless order and all I can see from my folding chair on the lake while fishing is a small snapshot of just the stars around me within the Milky Way galaxy, making me so infinitesimally small that I just have to stop dwelling upon it, and just praise Him and His awesomeness. I will never be able to understand that kind of love and will and purpose and power, but I will choose to live within it. He wants me to know him, and that sometimes just blows me away.

   My experience and relationship with our Father and creator will always trump the opinion of someone else who believes He does not exist. My reality proves otherwise to me. I have concrete evidence within my heart that will not allow me an option, but to believe, and lead a life that aligns with my faith in Him.  Why are all not compelled to believe that we are not a chance in time and space is something I cannot really understand. It is not for me to think upon the hearts of men, but to let others see his love through my life.  It is the strength of my faith and belief in his will and purpose for me individually that wants me to share this kind of love and hope with others. In my failures and victories in life, my darkest and my brightest day, He is there, every step. Every moment, Infinitely. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment